Forum Archive - GT Enterprise problem

GT Enterprise problem
Apr 25, 2013 11:05 am by [email protected]
We bought yearly subscription for GT Enterprise and received instructions how to implement it. You were very kind and did it for us, assigning sub domains for each language. In the instructional email it says: "To add the language selector on your site, you will need to use GTranslate Free and turn on the Enterprise option in it.". Problem is, how to do this? We have PRO version. Should we uninstal it first? Because, there is no option to enable Ent. version in module now. Also, we have contact form on our current web from "aiContactSafe" and it is not working on new sub domains (verification code is always wrong). Is this related? Thank You for Your support. It was excellent in the past, so I'm sure will sort this out soon as well.
Re: GT Enterprise problem
Apr 25, 2013 3:43 pm by Yana
Hi, If you installed the general html code you need to replace it with the new one. You can download it from https://gtranslate.io/#pricing . If you are using GTranslate Joomla module you need to enable "operate with Enterprise " option on the module settings page. You can find the documentation here https://gtranslate.io/docs You will need to uninstall GTranslate pro version. I'll check the contact form .
Apr 25, 2013 3:56 pm by [email protected]
But, if we uninstall PRO version, how will that affect all the existing web pages which are indexed by Google? Because all new sub domains are new content for Google, I assume it will take time to index it. We have excellent SERP for many keywords and want to make this transition from PRO to Enterprise seamless. Is this possible at all? If not, we would rather stay on PRO than to loose positions in Google.
Apr 26, 2013 11:56 am by Yana
Hi, To keep the indexed translated pages you can use the following rewrite rule. RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ http://$1.domain.com/$2 [R=301,L,QSA] You should replace domain.com with your domain name.
Apr 26, 2013 3:46 pm by [email protected]
OK, and what about existing cache from PRO version. It is huge; can we delete it now to free up space on server?
Apr 26, 2013 3:57 pm by [email protected]
The documentation and instructions on migrating from PRO to Enterprise version is non-existent. You might want do put some manual for Your users on web. The way it is now, we have to ask in forum and opening tickets for every issue.
Apr 26, 2013 4:00 pm by [email protected]
We entered rewrite rule as follows. Is this ok? RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ http://$1.dreamingcroatia.com/$2 [R=301,L,QSA]
Apr 26, 2013 4:06 pm by [email protected]
I'm asking, because it is not working. All translations have % sign, meaning they are not translated. Is it necessary to open every page twice to have it translated? We have thousands of pages. Can this be refreshed somehow automatically so first time visitor is served already translated page?
Apr 26, 2013 8:39 pm by [email protected]
Please, start answering our issues. You can't just sell a product and let clients handle transition from one of Your products to another without a word of instruction. We have many, many problems on our website after implementing Enterprise version. Worst of all is what we just noticed; the manual translations for hundreds of pages are not showing at all, only automated Google translations are showing. This is the main problem we have now, although, sadly, it is just one of the issues with changing from PRO to Enterprise.
Apr 26, 2013 9:39 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. what about existing cache from PRO version. It is huge; can we delete it now to free up space on server? Yes, you should uninstall GTranslate Pro version and delete the cheche. 2.We entered rewrite rule as follows. Is this ok? Please delete old rules and leave only the following RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ http://$1.dreamingcroatia.com/$2 [R=301,L,QSA] 3. All translations have % sign... % means that the text is in the queue and you will see the translated version soon The the translations are done on demand. It will start the translation from the most popular content and it is depending on your traffic . Usually it takes less than one minute to translate the page. 4.The manual translations for hundreds of pages are not showing GTranslate Pro keeps the cache on your server but GTranslate Enterprise version keeps the cache on our server. It cannot load edited translations. If you want you can send .human files and we will put them on our server.
Apr 27, 2013 8:08 am by [email protected]
Can You please upload all .human files from our cache/hr directory to Your server? I can't figure out how many files are there. It looks like we have 5GB cache folder. Will this RewriteRule cause Google to see duplicate content? We don't want that as it may hurt our rankings.
Apr 27, 2013 12:08 pm by [email protected]
Our contact forms an all 15 new sub domains are not working. Error: "%Security code is not correct !" How should we fix this, as it always worked with PRO version?
Apr 27, 2013 7:22 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. Please send only the files with .human extension. 2. Cookie domain should be .dreamingcroatia.com (with a dot) to share the session over subdomains.
Apr 27, 2013 9:29 pm by [email protected]
Ok, thank You for answer. 1. we just sent it by email 2. I don't understand what do You mean, I'm sorry:-(
Apr 29, 2013 11:49 am by Yana
Hi, 1. I'll contact you as soon as we put .human files on our server 2.You can find more info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie You should be able to set in on Joomla global configuration page.
Apr 29, 2013 4:10 pm by [email protected]
That is nice Wikipedia page, but doesn't help us a lot. I don't see option to set up cookie domain anywhere in our Joomla back end. It seems setting up Enterprise version could be more trouble than its worth. Our contact forms are still not working, five days after You implemented Enterprise to our website. PDF creation is not working for fifth day as well....
Apr 30, 2013 10:08 am by [email protected]
Very disapointed with Enterprise version. As another user (http://gtranslate.net/forum/post11808.html?hilit=enterprise%20slow#p11808) already stated, service is very slow and plagued with problems. According to Pingdom, our main web loads in 4,19s, which is good (http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/daBnwjHIj/www.dreamingcroatia.com). On the other hand Enterprise translated sub domains take 18s to load (http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/zfLux6OsL/it.dreamingcroatia.com)!!! That is unacceptably slow. We also have same problem as other users. Content is not translated as advertised: "Your site will be translated instantly upon installation." This is simply false advertising. Every single page needs to be visited by browser two or more times to get it translated. This means that first visitors will see semi or non translated page. We switched to Ent. version so that we don't have to force translate pages so all visitors are served already translated page. There are many other issues that mess up existing website, because Ent. is half finished product without any support. There is no manual, no warning what can (and will) go wrong if You switch. Be prepared that Your web will not work properly for a long time and You will have to tweak manually many things and features that worked before. And, of course, it takes a day or two to get any answer from developer. We paid for a year in advance after having PRO version for over a year. It was a mistake. Don't do it. If we could only get a refund and install back our old PRO version, it would be a way out of this mess for us.
May 1, 2013 3:56 pm by Edvard
Hi, You are making false statements here. If your website is written using web standards you shouldn't have any problems. Also I have just checked the load times of your website on other languages and it takes the same time to load a page on a different language. At first when we start discovering your content it may take little bit longer to show a page, but later if everything is translated that won't happen. If a new page has many untranslated parts on it and we cannot translate it on a timely manner, instead of showing an error page or letting the client to wait we show the page with queued translations. After it will be fine.
May 1, 2013 4:55 pm by [email protected]
Dear Edvard, thank You for reply. As much as I admire Your translating application, the Enterprise version is just not what is advertised. Please, never again tell me that I'm making false statements, as this can quickly raise into larger problem. The only issue that is improved over last few days after Enterprise migration is loading times, which are OK now. First and most important: its been a week since Enterprise has been i implemented on our website and our content is not translated. Why? Second, contact forms are not working on new sub domains You opened. Why, if everything worked with PRO version? Third, font formatting and css styles are not implemented correctly. Again, it worked fine on PRO version, but not with Enterprise version. Please, don't tell we are not fully implementing web standards or something similar. Also, You asked us to send You .human files, so You would uploaded to Your server our manual translations. We send it 4 days ago and we are still getting automated translations for these pages. How long does it take? To conclude, we can't afford any more waiting with website as it is now. We want to, and we have to, go back as it was. Please, remove all Enterprise from our web and let us go back to PRO version. It worked fine for us. All benefits of Enterprise (instant translation and less server load) are obviously not working for our website. Please, help us to make our web functional again. Delete new sub domains and we'll continue with PRO version as it was.
May 1, 2013 6:19 pm by [email protected]
We have disabled Enterprise and turned back on PRO in GTranslate module. We have our old website back now. Is it possible to have URL translations in PRO version?
May 1, 2013 9:02 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please don't try to scare me, I'm not that type of a man to be scared. When I say you are making false statements I have a reason to tell that. Technically I can explain and provide a solution, but I think you have already made your mind to not go with the Enterprise version. If you want you can go back and remove CName DNS records added for Enterprise and install Pro version. The URL translation is available only with Enterprise version.
May 2, 2013 9:58 am by [email protected]
Edvard, just realize that the application doesn't work as advertised. Translations are not done "instantly upon installation", but will take weeks if not months for our website. Now its about 5% translated, a week after instalation. Cookies are not working across new sub domains. Text formating is not working as before. And many other things, but it doesn't matter any more. We switched off Enterprise and are back on PRO version. I assume it will not be problem to refund our annual subscription as we paid 8 days ago.
May 3, 2013 11:56 am by Edvard
You understand the concept in a wrong way. We have made the refund per your request.
May 6, 2013 7:35 am by [email protected]
Thank You for refund and sorry for misunderstanding. Wish You all the best with Your application. We will continue to use PRO version.
May 6, 2013 3:12 pm by Yana
Thank you for staying with us!