Forum Archive - exclude sub directory

exclude sub directory
Jun 27, 2012 11:58 pm by moebin
Hello, we're using the gtranslate to translate the wordpress site at muslimvillage.com and it started translating muslimvillage.com/forums/ we don't want it to do that, it's not even a wordpress site, and it's got many pages that it would cost too much to translate, please let us know how we can stop the sub directory /forums/ from being translated
Re: exclude sub directory
Jun 28, 2012 6:59 am by Yana
Hi, You can add class=notranslate attribute.
Jun 28, 2012 9:03 pm by moebin
can you be more specific? what do you mean by adding class=notranslate? this is another site in this case a forums site....
Jun 28, 2012 9:05 pm by moebin
Does this require an edit to wordpress, the plugin or the forums? as we can't assume every software in a subdirectory is open to editing in that way, surely there must be someway to exclude the sub directory from the plugin itself
Jun 28, 2012 9:12 pm by moebin
most of the problem we're having is that when there links to the forums from the main site for example wordpress.com/page/ has a link to wordpress.com/forums/page the plugin adds a language code so the link is wordpress.com/fr/forums/page this doesn't exist and it cause massive errors (over 28,000 errors so far) we need this not to happen but rather only happen within the wordpress site
Jun 28, 2012 9:33 pm by moebin
On a side note, this should be something you're mentioning to your clients who pay for your plugin. It's common practice to have another site/web app within a subdirectory, this oversight has cost us around $1,000 in google translation costs. your plugin doesn't even have an option to exclude subdirectories. If you're not going to fix this please email me your source so I can have our developer find a solution to this disaster. I understand that you maybe busy that's why you reply with one line but this plugin has now cost us over $1,000 and we can't even figure out how to fix this situation, we have translations on disk with no apparent structure and no visible site map so we can exclude the already translated pages from our forums and it is still generating deadlinks. Please provide some real support or provide me the source, you can't simply not do either.
Jul 2, 2012 3:15 pm by Edvard
Hi, As we have already mentioned you should use class="notranslate" for the parts you don't wont to be translated. If you don't know how to edit your template to add the attribute you can also use .htaccess redirects. For example RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/forum/(.*)$ /forum/$2 [R=301,L,QSA] It should redirect example /fr/forum/page1 to /forum/page1. I don't know why it costs you 1000$ ? The license currently costs only 79 EUR.