Forum Archive - Google Translate and Landing Page

Google Translate and Landing Page
Nov 22, 2010 9:44 am by Matt2020
Looking at placing GTranslate Pro on my home page and all other pages covering my site, however I see that it will actually create urls for the different languages, I am wondering then how this will effect the google stats particularly for landing/home page, for returning visitors who have previously selected a language. In essence I want every new and returning visitor to go through my home page first and then they can select or even better to be automatically switched to the translated page, once my English Landing/Home page has been fully loaded. I want my English landing page to be the front door for anyone entering the website and I don't want to divide those stats over lots of different pages. Hope this is clear.
Re: Google Translate and Landing Page
Nov 22, 2010 10:20 am by Edvard
The translated pages will be treat as a completely new page since it has different URL. I wouldn't suggest you to make your default page http://yourdomain.com/en/