GTranlsate Pro without Joomla SEF URLs and mod rewrite

Popular automatic website translation tool

GTranlsate Pro without Joomla SEF URLs and mod rewrite

Postby larpo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi - I would like to use G Translate pro but with joomla standard URLs - not with SEF URLs. Our webapp has a lot of custom components which would be too time consuming to prepare for SEF urls.

Can you please advise me how to achieve this? At the moment I have the 1.7 plugin installed and the free module installed and set to redirect. I have created the sitemap.txt and added the line to robots.txt.

Translation is not currently working on any pages.
larpo

Re: GTranlsate Pro without Joomla SEF URLs and mod rewrite

Postby Edvard » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:37 am

Hi,

If you want to use it without turning on Joomla SEF, then you need to install general version. You will find how to do it in our documentation.

However, you just need to turn of the SEF functionality and there is no need to prepare other extensions to use SEF URLs.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby larpo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:49 pm

Edvard wrote:If you want to use it without turning on Joomla SEF, then you need to install general version. You will find how to do it in our documentation.

...sure but I want the ability to improve the translations. Don't I need the pro version for that?
larpo

Postby Edvard » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:59 pm

I think you misunderstood. GTranslate Pro version has 2 options: one is joomla easy to use plugin and the other one is called general version which is not a joomla plugin and can be used with any website. So what I'm saying is you need to uninstall the plugin version and install the general version. However I want to repeat one more time that you do not need to have all your components to be compatible with Joomla SEF to use the plugin version.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin