Forum Archive - How to add rel="nofollow" to GTranslate links ?

How to add rel="nofollow" to GTranslate links ?
Sep 19, 2018 10:10 am by agatti
Hello all, I'm successfully using the free version of GTranslate in my website at https://www.elementotango.it However, upon checking some SEO related parameters, I discovered that GTranslate creates "follow" links, or in other words, without the "nofollow" tag in the link definition. Are you as well aware of it, and how you corrected it, to make sure there is a rel="nofollow" in every link ? Many thanks. Kind Regards Andrea.
Re: How to add rel="nofollow" to GTranslate links ?
Sep 27, 2018 10:39 am by Edvard
Hi, We just translate your website, we do not create links. If you have follow or unfollow links they will stay as is. Thanks!
Sep 27, 2018 10:50 am by agatti
That's quite incorrect. Your extension contains a file named default.php Inside that file, you have things like: "... if($look == 'flags') echo '<a href="'.$href.'" onclick="doGTranslate(\''..." The above lines create DoFollow links. So, the solution to avoid doing this (and losing SEO juice, is to modify these lines into the file to read: "...<a rel="nofollow" href=".........." Kind Regards
Sep 27, 2018 10:53 am by Edvard
The links point to your website, so they are just internal links. I cannot confirm that you are using our paid version, so it doesn't matter, since the free version creates links with href="#". Thanks!
Sep 27, 2018 11:33 am by agatti
Edvards, no, you're wrong my friend. The links are external, towards Google to use their translate service. So you create dofollow external links, which is bad. My correction to the code adds a rel="nofollow" so people will preserve their SEO rank. Anyway, whatever you like. I corrected it myself. Thanks. Regards AG
Sep 27, 2018 11:48 am by Edvard
You must be using very old version. New versions do not have that. Thanks!