Forum Archive - [Update] Translation Problems

[Update] Translation Problems
Sep 21, 2012 3:31 pm by Javier
Hi, I have been trying to get pro working all day and it keeps telling me I do not have Ioncube installed when i check the Joomla php settings Ioncube loader is under additional modules, I have also contacted my host and they assure me that the server has Ioncube loader enabled. what am I doing wrong?? ** My site is under a sub directory http://www.aerolight.com/aerointer could that be causing the problems? and do i have to set my site map to aerolight.com/aerointer/es instead of aerolight.com/es?? Thanks for the help!
Re: IonCube Loader error
Sep 22, 2012 10:56 pm by Yana
Hi, If your website is in the subfolder you jeed to install GTranslate Pro General version. Here is the documentation https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... on#general , Please upload info.php file to the gtranslate directory to check the system requirements. Also please try to copy php.ini file . The URL should be www.aerolight.com/xx/aerointer
Sep 24, 2012 3:14 pm by Javier
Ok, I uninstalled the previous version and tried to install the general version. I no longer get an Ion cube error but i cant view the translated sites I get a 404 error. I am certain I have followed the directions correctly... changed folders permissions, modified the Htaccess, made robots.txt and sitemap... any ideas? Thanks for your time and help!
Sep 24, 2012 3:19 pm by Yana
Hi, Have you addes the following rules to your .htaccess? # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] If you can send me access info I'll check the settings.
Sep 24, 2012 3:45 pm by Javier
I have an .htaccess in my joomla and in my root which one ??
Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm by Yana
Hi, Yous should add it in the .htaccess which is in the root directory.
Sep 24, 2012 8:29 pm by Javier
Ok, I seem to have fixed it I had the folder in the joomla directory instead of the root, but now I cannot go back to the home page when in a different language and some languages don't load at all..... Any idea what could be wrong?? Thanks again for the help!
Re: [Update] Translation Problems
Sep 26, 2012 3:32 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to enable FOLLOW_LOCATION option. define('FOLLOW_LOCATION', true);