Jquery problem blocking theme options

Popular automatic website translation tool

Jquery problem blocking theme options

Postby Ch33kyMunkee » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:39 am

I am using the professional version of GTranslate.

My wordpress theme has a function that allows me to "live edit" the pages. This is currently not working. The theme creator has informed me that it is a jquery problem and that it is coming from <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/..........

So this is a google translate API issue. Due to massive costs, I recently stopped using the google translation API and gone back to the free version of GTranslate based on this thread api-key-t2341.html

I have gone back to the original config.php supplied with Pro and thus have taken out the API key that I had put in there. It has not fixed the problem.

My theme creator suggests uninstalling the plugin (I can always reinstall), but I want to know if this is going to reset the amount of pages that I have translated with GTranslate? According to the thread above, Gtranslate is daily cacheing my site.

Will I lose that cacheing by reinstalling?
What if I just deactivate the plugin and not completely uninstall it?
Any other suggestions to prevent the script being activated that is causing the problem?

Re: Jquery problem blocking theme options

Postby Yana » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:38 pm

You can make a backup copy of the GTranslate cache folder and replace it after reinstalling the plugin.

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal