Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro PARTIALLY working

GTranslate Pro PARTIALLY working
May 27, 2011 11:25 am by lmsanch
First of all, congrats on your amazing product. I am not a technical person, so I had to hire somebody to install it for me, and now I am taking care of the details. I have GTranslate PRO, and I am experiencing several problems, please bear with me: - GT runs fine only with the “On the fly” option (does not add the /de, or /fr, etc. depending on language chosen) - When I do FTP, I can see the cache folder, with all the other languages there, but no files inside. - I am not able to edit translated languages. - The cache folder is set to read/write . - When I select “direct” method, it adds the /de/ or /fr (depending on language), but then it either says “Not Found Error 404” or does not do anything. - GTranslate is using Redirect translation method and Operate with Pro option is on.[img][img] Any idea about what I am doing wrong? What should I do to fix it? I am running everything in the latest version of WordPRess. Please see attached file for settings I am using. Here is my .htaccess file (I am not allowing indexing of search engines for now): AuthType Basic AuthName "Access to /QUANTMETHOD" AuthUserFile /kunden/homepages/7/d291798097/htpasswd Require user RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] AddType x-mapp-php5 .php AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] #end RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress
Re: GTranslate Pro PARTIALLY working
May 31, 2011 7:55 am by Edvard
Hi, It is not installed correctly. Hope that you already read the troubleshooting: gtranslate/troubleshooting-gtranslate-pro-t368.html Let me know if you will not be able to solve it.
Jun 8, 2011 6:39 pm by lmsanch
Edvard Thank you very much for your reply. I did find out what was wrong, and fixed it. The thing was working fine until about 3 days ago, when I added new posts. GTranslate does not translate the new posts, and in the old posts of my blog, it only translates the H1 or H2 etc.. headers (the titles of different sections), and does not translate the content. In summary it is only partially translating the material... I had done some manual editing to the Spanish and to the German translations, and those are fine (I guess because they were manually edited), but for the other languages, I only get partiall translations. The interesting thing is that if I go to settings, and chooses "on the fly", then GTranslate translates everything fine. Would you mind taking a look and letting me know what's wrong? Also, if I fix this problem, I was thinking about installing GTranslate in another blog that I'll be putting together. Do I need another license from you? If so, do you have discounts for repeated customers? I do appreciate very much your prompt reply and resolution to this problem, and please, do not hesitate to contact me if you need further information. Regards, Luis www.thequantmethod.com.
Jun 9, 2011 10:21 am by Edvard
The reason for that can be that you have reached the daily limit allowed by Google Translate. You can check the usage on https://code.google.com/apis/console/ . If you see 100% usage for every day then it is OK, you just need to wait.
Jun 10, 2011 4:37 pm by lmsanch
Thank you. I do see 100% usage of the translate limit from Google in the past few days, however, I am a little confused: if my base language is english, why is that the volume of data to translate from english is not the same as the sum of of the volume translated in other languages? Just trying to understand the allocation that Google is doing..89.80% of the requests show up as english.
Jun 11, 2011 9:47 am by Edvard
Hi, I think it shows only top 5 target languages, so the sum of that top 5 should be less than source language value.