Forum Archive - Two different web site: cookies?

Two different web site: cookies?
Nov 22, 2011 2:04 pm by [email protected]
I have the Pro Version installed in a site; in this site I have some links to a different web site; in this second website I installed the free version. Question: is it possible, maybe with cookies, to save the language when visit the first site and not select again the language when visit the second site? For example I have the site www.blablabla.com/es/ and when I go to the second site www.123456.com linked from the first, may I have alredy the "es" language selected in any way? I hope you can understand what I mean... Regards
Re: Two different web site: cookies?
Nov 22, 2011 7:02 pm by Edvard
Hi, Technically it is possible. On your second site you may check the Referrer and parse the URL to get the language code from it. Then set a language cookie glang with that language code if you use On Fly jQuery or redirect the user to appropriate URL if you use Redirect method. If you use Google Default translation method, it is not possible to change the language automatically.