Problems with the translation

Popular automatic website translation tool

Problems with the translation

Postby emilio_n » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:10 am

Hi,
I am testing the GTranslate service with JReviews and looks cool.
But when I tried to make extra tests I am getting estrange results...

The page is created with Joomla in Spanish and I downloaded the JSON Plugin for Gtranslate. I am trying the startup subscription.

The test I performed is create a new listing in english and check if the content is translated to Spanish or keep in English.
When I published the new listing and put all the page in Spanish (With the flag selector of GTranslate) all the page appears in Spanish except the listing created in english. If I click again in the Spanish flag two times, the listing appears finally translated in Spanish in Spanish. If I change to English or Chinese or other language the translation is done but if I back to Spanish, the listing appears again in English.

Is a problem with the Gtranslate.JSON plugin?
I need to do something more?

https://screencast.com/t/ZmeE8zoUO" rel="nofollow" target="_blank

Same problem with statics strings that are in English and is not translated in the language files of JReviews to Spanish.

https://screencast.com/t/xAkwICjjsP

When I created the GTranslate account I need to said the original language of the page. I said Spanish.
Maybe this is the reason?
Gtranslate goes crazy because expects all the original text in the webpage must be in Spanish?

Thanks.

Thanks!
Emilio.
emilio_n

Re: Problems with the translation

Postby Edvard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi,

You need to set a correct language for your website, we will translate to other languages from that language.

You need to create new content only on your website original language.

So if your website is Spanish, then you need to create your content in Spanish on your original website without translating it when creating new content.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby emilio_n » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:44 am

Thanks Edvard,
I didn't know that must be on this way.

Then, as my page is a multilingual community I can expect some errors showing the dynamic texts that users write in their timeline, blog entries, etc... right?
emilio_n

Postby Edvard » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:35 am

Hi,

We are able to auto detect the mixed content and for comments it will be fine. But if you have a lot of mixed content the translation quality will suffer.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin