Stuck language in Firefox

Popular automatic website translation tool

Stuck language in Firefox

Postby eds » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Hello:

Gtranslate pro on my web site seems to work properly when opened with Internet Explorer.

Opening the same page page with Firefox works until a language page is specified.
For example, opening http://claws.eng.ua.edu/no/ will bring a Norwegian translation.
After that, going back to http://claws.eng.ua.edu will always open pages in Norwegian and all other pages on the site as well.
Even more, English now is gone from the drop-down language menu. However, selecting a language other than English in the drop down menu will translate the page to that language.

This was tested on 3 different machines. Now I have one Firefox that is stuck in Norwegian, another in Italian and the third one in Russian. Please advise.

Edward
eds

Re: Stuck language in Firefox

Postby Yana » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:43 am

Hi,
If you enabled the joomla system cache, please try to turn it off.
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby eds » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:21 pm

System cache is not enabled.
Also, gtranslate cache does not seem to work - a reload of the same page produces a noticeable delay for translation.
eds

Postby Yana » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi,
Can you check the /gtranslate/cache folder? You should see the translation cache files. Have you installed any 3rd party language extensions?
Regards,

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby eds » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Yes, I see cache files. For example /granslate/cache/no folder (Norvegian is stuck in my laptop) has 2136 cache files. Italian folder has 2421 files.

Each time I reload the front page of the website from the browser stuck in Norwegian (claws.eng.ua.edu) a new cache file is created in Norwegian cache folder. Also, the cache files are short: 1-5 words inside.
eds

Postby Yana » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi,
Can you please send me access info? I'll check the settings.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana