Forum Archive - Translation not complete on Joomla 2.5

Translation not complete on Joomla 2.5
Apr 15, 2013 4:46 pm by iviagginellastoria
Hi all. I recently (26.03.2013) purchased GTranslate and I am using it on my site http://www.iviagginellastoria.it. I noticed that the translation (in all languages) is not complete for all the articles. For someone it does work...for others it doesn't. Example herehttp://www.iviagginellastoria.it/en/rubriche-2/approfondimenti/5885-il-libano-nella-storia.html. As you can see, a part of the article is in english language, the other part remained in italian. The same happens randomly with the other languages. Please, any help? Joomla 2.5 last version. Gtranslate last version
Re: Translation not complete on Joomla 2.5
Apr 16, 2013 11:07 am by Yana
Hi, You will need to use some formatting in your pages. Ex. <b>, <i>, <u>, <p>, <span>, etc... tags to separate long texts. For example if you can wrap every sentence with <span> tag the translation quality will increase and it will translate the text sentence by sentence. Now it tries to translate the whole text which is long enough and Google is not able to do that.
Apr 17, 2013 7:55 am by iviagginellastoria
Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried formatting with span tag and the result seems to be quite good, also if there is a lot of additional work to do, specially for a site like mine, with hundreds and hundreds of articles :shock: In other words, I should almost throw away my preferred text editor (JCE)? :cry: Other question: if Google is not able to translate long text, how it can translate entire pages in one of its service? :?:
Apr 18, 2013 10:59 am by Yana
Hi, There are problems translating long text more than 3000 characters. So the solution is in your case to write a script on your side to add HTML separation as described earlier in your articles. You can also upgrade to Enterprise version and we will do it on our side.