Forum Archive - Translation stopped working

Translation stopped working
Feb 27, 2012 2:48 pm by jjonthenet
I installed GTranslate last week (the basic version) and everything was working fine. However, a week later all the translations have stopped working, for no apparent reason. When you click on the flag,the URL remains unchanged whereas before the URL was changing to a different address. I don't think I have changed anything in the backend since it was working. The translations no longer work in any browsers that I have tried. The test site is http://www.intersource.ch/test. Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Re: Translation stopped working
Feb 27, 2012 7:03 pm by Yana
Hi, I have checked your website and notice that the logo covers the language selector. You should edit your template's css. To make this easier, you can use FireFox and FireBug.
Feb 27, 2012 7:28 pm by jjonthenet
Thanks, I will do that, but it is still possible to see the language flags and the module was working when I clicked on them last week. I don't think I have changed anything since then - I sent the link to my client last week and was embarrassed when they viewed it this afternoon and it wasn't working. I was hoping to persuade them to buy the PRO version, but need to have the basic version working like it was, before I can persuade them!
Re: [SOLVED] Translation stopped working
Feb 27, 2012 9:15 pm by jjonthenet
I have changed the template so the logo area is no longer covering the language selector and the module is working fine again - I must have made changes to the template after I had the module working, and didn't realise as you could still see the language flags through the transparent logo and they still looked "active". Thanks for pointing this out to me.
Feb 27, 2012 9:42 pm by Yana
Hi, The language selector already works . Please try to change stack order of elements (z-index property ).