Virtue mart issue

Popular automatic website translation tool

Virtue mart issue

Postby [email protected] » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi I have an issue in virtue mart when using the country URL.
This is what happens in the checkout once an item is added to cart and checked out when using the standard .com link

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now pic below is what happens in the checkout when using a country URL like /fr, its deleting the sessions, do you have any idea what I could do to fix this.
thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[email protected]

Re: Virtue mart issue

Postby Edvard » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi,

Currently the session handling is not implemented (it is already done in the next generation version, but it is not available yet), so there is only one walk-around which is to redirect checkout page to main language using .htaccess rewrite rules. I don't know if there is ajax based checkout page for VirtueMart which could be another solution.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby Edvard » Mon May 16, 2011 4:19 pm

It is already implemented.
Regards,

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby Edvard » Wed May 25, 2011 2:03 pm

OK, so you see a blank page? It tries to redirect to the HTTPS version of the site, I'll see what can be done to fix that issue in the next version.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby Edvard » Thu May 26, 2011 12:45 pm

I don't know yet. But, I think that if you move your site to be full https it will work.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby Edvard » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Try the latest version and turn on FOLLOW_LOCATION option in config.php file.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby vishwa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi, we are having a few issues in virtuemart too. when we get to the checkout page - the translation is dropped. it goes from eg www.yoursite.com/fr/ to www.yoursite.com/index.php. We have tried enabling FOLLOW_LOCATION. do you have any suggestions?
vishwa

Postby c.van_linden » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi, any news on this?
we also has some similar issues, every time we click "add to cart" it goes back to the default language, other than that it works perfect so it would really be nice with a solution to this issue.
are there any workaround?

(We don't use SSL and turning on FOLLOW_LOCATION gives an error)
c.van_linden

Postby vishwa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:49 pm

hi edvard

any news on virtuemart checkout issue? we have disable SEF URLS and are getting the same problem. it is unfortunate the VM is coded so the the checkout jumps to index.php - we need a workaround urgently.. thanks >A
vishwa

Postby c.van_linden » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 am

Found one more issue, if you use the virtuemart product search it also reverts back to the default language. So both "add to cart" and "product search" removes the language code in the url.

I would really appreciate a solution to this, it is the only real issues I have found and it hurts business as customer seems to leave the site when it changes to default language.

I suppose in worst case I can live without the product search, but the add to cart/check out issue really needs to be addressed as it is functions all customers have to use.
Last edited by c.van_linden on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c.van_linden

Postby c.van_linden » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:53 pm

So is this something that will be resolved in future versions or can it simply not be done?

I am aware of that you can use the On Fly (jQuery) method together with the redirect but it still requires the customer to choose language again in the cart/check out process if the customer came into the web-shop via the redirected url.
c.van_linden