Forum Archive - About cache

About cache
Aug 23, 2011 4:27 pm by Jos van Schagen
The Pro-version of GTranslate seems quite interesting, particularly because of the caching feature. It seems that a text that was initially translated by Google and subsequently cached, can be edited and thus be further refined / improved. Some questions: Where do these revised texts go? (I.e. where are the cache files being kept?) For how long will they remain stored? Will they be accessible ever after? Can the translated content of the entire site (i.e. all pages, containing all articles, modules etc.) be stored as cached files? Should I set a caching parameter or so? What if an original (native) text is being revised, after its translation was cached?
Re: About cache
Aug 24, 2011 8:08 pm by Edvard
Please find my response below: Where do these revised texts go? (I.e. where are the cache files being kept?) - It keeps the cache in gtranslate/cache folder For how long will they remain stored? - By default they are stored for 1 year period and if it expires it will ask the translator to re-translate the text. If you edit something manually it will be kept forever in the cache. Will they be accessible ever after? - The old cache will be replaced. Can the translated content of the entire site (i.e. all pages, containing all articles, modules etc.) be stored as cached files? - It stores texts from your pages into the cache. If you have repeated sentences in many different pages it will use the cached version instead. Should I set a caching parameter or so? - No, by default the cache is always on and it cannot be turned off. What if an original (native) text is being revised, after its translation was cached? - It will translate it again and the old translated version will be still kept in the cache.