Forum Archive - Default language at website root?

Default language at website root?
Nov 29, 2011 9:21 am by CogitoBcn
Hello, I'm planning to buy the pro version, but I've not being able to find how exactly works the language folders and what parameters can be configured. I understand that the WP content is written in a single language (for example English), and that all the translated versions would be available at specific folders: mydomain.com/en -> English mydomain.com/fr -> French mydomain.com/es -> Spanish ... mydomain.com -> default? But, first question: But can you define a "default" language that don't show the language folder? For example, I want that the default language would be "French", even if the source language is English, in order people can see the French version when accessing to "mydomain.com", without showing the "fr" folder? Is this possible? thanks very much, I need to know if it has this key feature before to buy it-
Re: Default language at website root?
Nov 30, 2011 11:59 am by Edvard
Hi, It is not possible. Your source language will have domain.com the rest languages will be available at domain.com/XX where XX is the language code.
Nov 30, 2011 1:38 pm by CogitoBcn
Thanks, then I suggest to include this simple feature in the future: - the ability to set a "default" language and a "source" language, as two different parameters. Not always they match.
Nov 30, 2011 1:48 pm by Edvard
Thanks for the suggestion. We will take that into account.