Feature requests

Popular automatic website translation tool

Feature requests

Postby Edvard » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi,

Please write your wishes/feature requests below and we will try to implement them.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!
Edvard
Site Admin

Custom start - end for listings recognition - translations.

Postby jasperli » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi.

When using the Gengo system i get "angry" translaters asking why the text is not delivered in 1 piece.
After playing around I can see that the enterprise system is searching for paragraphs <p> and <ul> / <li> to determine if there is any text.

For me as a webmaster wanting to translate the text i have to click on every little string to get it translated. In the Gengo system i cannot easily find back any strings belonging to a particular listing.
For the translators at Gengo they get all small strings not having an overview of the total of the text.

Maybe it's something that per website an (experienced) webmaster can tell the system between which div classes/id's the maintext is.

For Joomla main content it's allways mostly the same. In my case i use Jreviews which has allways <div class ="jrListingFulltext"> as start from the main text area. Maybe in the future the scraper can be adjusted per clients wish.

Jasper
jasperli

Translation Panel overview

Postby jasperli » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Hello,

After editting language strings manually and through Gengo i am getting lost in what parts are translated automaticly/manual/professional....
My way to keep track of translations is to note it down manually. But with every new piece of content i hav to go through all languages hoping not to forget one. It takes me a lot of time to just figure out how and if a certain piece is translated.

Is it possible to extend the language edit environment with (for example) colors or some kind of overview that i can see what is already have translated automaticly/ manual and professional?
I am using enterprise!

Jasper
jasperli

Re: Feature requests

Postby Edvard » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi,

I will suggest you to have some formatting for your texts on your site. For example we use <p> or <span> tags to wrap sentences, so they can be translated at once. I have suggested to Gengo to make the possibility to send also the context during the order process, so the human sitting on the other side will have overview of what she is translating, but till now they haven't implemented that feature.

We are working to change the color of the pencil if the text has already been corrected by a human being.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Ticketing system

Postby jasperli » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi,

I think a (privat) ticketing system will be needed as well. So many posts now have a lot of information about their website and/or questions about licensing etc. Some info might be confidential.
I also think that as a webmaster/owner of the product you have a better overview of pending requests.

Jasper
jasperli

Postby Edvard » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Of course we do have a ticketing system. You may create a ticket by contacting us using our contact us form on our home page for your private support requests.

Thank you!
Regards,

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby Edvard » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that now you will be able to visually see the difference of already edited texts and automatically translated texts in edit mode. Please check and let us know your.

Thanks!
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby jasperli » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:39 am

I see red and green pencil icons :-) very nice!
Now i have a better overview over manual and proff translations and i can help if a client finds a fault. This the the best improvement i can think of!!

Maybe you can add a short piece of explanation of the feature in the Documentation.

Jasper
jasperli

Postby lgirardi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:48 am

What are all the languages supported?
lgirardi

Postby Edvard » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi,

You may check the list of supported languages here: https://gtranslate.io/faq

Thank you!
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby CarlHeartlands » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:37 am

Hello,

I love the app it works great! (in Joomla!)

I wondered if and when more languages would be added?

Particularly interested in Bengali and Somali

thanks
CarlHeartlands

Postby dancespain » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi Edvard, i have a suggestion that i think is important for many site. GTranslate (I use enterprise version) translate correctly standar metadata but don't translate at all og: metadata for twitter or facebook. I think that you can parse and translate this metadata with your system without problems.
I will tray to help writting the usually metadata schema and the operation that your system may do:

<meta name="twitter:description" content="Translate this text..."/>
<meta property="og:description" content="Translate this text..."/>
<meta property="og:url" content="Maintain here the translated url, not the original url"/>
<meta name="twitter:title" content="Translate this text..."/>
<meta property="og:title" content="Translate this text..."/>
<meta property="og:locale" content="Add translated language ID example: fr-fr or en-us"/>
<meta property="og:site_name" content="Translate this text..."/>

I hope that you love this new feature.

Regards
dancespain

GTRANSALTE PRO DONT WORK

Postby jatoniz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:10 am

I bought the pro version for www.easysol.net domain, but I get the following error

You don't have appropriate license for websitetest.easysol.net domain name. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license.

Can you help me please

Thank you
jatoniz

Postby Edvard » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi,

Please use appropriate forum for your support requests. I have checked your website and cannot see Pro version installed.

Thank you!
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby mrcgtranslate » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi, This is a nice plugin, but there is one thing thats missing for me (or I can't find it documented anywhere). Options on the shortcode! I want to be able to specify the default language at the place where I put my shortcode. The reason I need this is that my site is a "mix" of default languages. Some post have been written in one language and some in another. An easy solution for me would be the something like:

[gtranslate default=en]

An even better option for me would be if the plugin was able to taste on the language and determine the default language on the fly.

Or is there another solution? Right now my only option is to convert all my content which differ in language to my choosen default language, but that is a lot of work.

Regards
Michael
mrcgtranslate

Postby foedies » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to get URL translation for the Pro version. I don't mind paying for it. The thing is I couldn't get the Enterprise version to work with my host in combination with Varnish and CloudFlare. The Pro version works very well. Only thing missing is the URL translation.

Regards,

Sander
foedies

Postby nicholasCH » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:19 am

1) It will be extremely helpful, at least for my site, to have image urls/jpeg titles and alt tags translated. This would be fantastic if you can implement.
2) Also it would be quite helpful if description tag could be edited as well.
3) Also it would be great to have glossary of site specific terms, which we could define once and program going to translate accordingly.
#1 has extreme importance for my site, please let me know if you planning to do something with image SEO.
nicholasCH

Postby Edvard » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:29 am

1) title attribute for images is being translated, we will add the alt attribute translation shortly.
2) It is possible actually, if you are having problems please open an issue topic on the forum.
3) When you change anything on the site it changes everywhere. However if the context differs you need to translate it again.

Thanks!
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby nicholasCH » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:33 am

Yes, you translate title attribute. But i expressed not clear what i wanted. i mean is it possible at all to have "art.jpg" on russian version translated as "искусство.jpg". Because for me image search gives 95% traffic. I have very competitive field, and in text searches it is impossible to be on top at all. museums you know it's zillion of museums with $$$ and connections taking all top positions in word search.
nicholasCH

Next