We purchase GTranslate today for http://www.signet-enterprises.com, one of our client sites.
We installed the module, plugin and files per your instructions. We even had our hosting provider verify that we had set the files up correctly which they indicated we did.
On the live site: http://signet-enterprises.com, if you hover over the login (upper right corner) - I need to do some css work to fix the label on that - you'll see the drop down for GTranslate. When you select a language it redirects you to a page which shows the home page translated and some of the menu items, however, when you click on some of the menu items, it will either not translate and default the whole site back to English or will provide partial translations. Some menu items are translated, others are not. Some module items are translated, others are not - there is no set pattern.
I tried setting debug to true but that did not appear to help.
I can provide FTP and Joomla admin access information to a member of the GTranslate staff to assist with the installation and configuration via PM.
Thank you for your help and suggestions on how to resolve the issue.