Joomla 3.3 Protostar - GT Translate not showing as a module?

Popular automatic website translation tool

Joomla 3.3 Protostar - GT Translate not showing as a module?

Postby joom33 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:29 pm

I installed the free version of GT Translate for a nonprofit site, Joomla! 3.3. It seemed to display and function fine - until I tried to customize it.

When positioning as a module, even though I indicated a module class suffix ("_GT") for GT Translate, when the GT Translate module appears on the site pages, a look at the page structure shows it is not contained in the expected Joomla! moduletable. The structure shows this for GT Translate, where it has been positioned in Position 1:

html > > div.body > div.container-fluid > nav.navigation > select

So, there is no way to style or otherwise modify the GT Translate module because it apparently doesn't display as a module at all! Does anyone know how this works?

Re: Joomla 3.3 Protostar - GT Translate not showing as a mod

Postby Edvard » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:47 am

It is related to your template and not GTranslate. Even without adding the class suffix you should be able to style it as you wish by using a different CSS selector. If you post your website address and let me know what exactly you want to style I may be able to suggest.

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Site Admin