Keep parts of posts not translated

Popular automatic website translation tool

Keep parts of posts not translated

Postby chris » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:20 am

Hi! I have tried googling this as well as searching these forums, but I guess I'm not too good at it so I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I have a wordpress blog with Gtranslate pro. Everything is up and working OK so far. (Sometimes the posts don't get translated until I've refreshed the page a couple of times, but that's another issue.)

My biggest issue is that Gtranslate translates part of my posts that are written code. As in example code showing users how to execute a set of commands, parts of a script or the like. Is there any way of telling Gtranslate not to translate those parts?

Please see the following example, and thanks :)
chris

Re: Keep parts of posts not translated

Postby Yana » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi,
You can use claass="notranslate" attribute. It should work with any tag. Here is an example
<div class="notranslate">
your text
</div>
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby chris » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Great! Thank you. Also, do you have any tips on speeding gtranslate up? Even after a page is catched, it still takes twice as long to access a gtranslated page as it does a normal page.
chris

Postby Yana » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi,
First load is always slow. It will become faster over time when the cache grows.Please check if your gtranslate/cache is growing. Make sure that you have files in gtranslate/cache/xx directories.
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Yana