Forum Archive - Locking translations

Locking translations
Nov 7, 2015 11:34 am by [email protected]
Hello, I have a fairly large site which I am hand editing the translation Metas and Title. I see the problem is that if I change my main site Title or Meta, the other languages revert back and loose the editing I have done. Is there a way to lock some edits so if I change the Title or Metas of my main site in the future I don't loose all the work I have done on other languages edits. Thanks.
Re: Locking translations
Nov 7, 2015 4:11 pm by Yana
Hi, Can you send me your website address with the example? It should keep edited translations.
Nov 7, 2015 4:23 pm by [email protected]
hello, Yes this is just one of the links with description that changed: http://www.artenetes.co.uk/drawing/tag/ ... -and-white I have already edited these translation metas before, but I changed the original metas on my site and I lost all the translation edits I did. I am editing again as I write this. I would like my edits to stay locked or not change if I ever edit the original language.
Nov 8, 2015 3:45 am by Edvard
If you modify your original website, the translations should be changed as well. We cannot "lock" them. Thanks!
Nov 8, 2015 9:06 pm by [email protected]
Ok, but if I manually edit a translation, it should save even If I change the text in the original language.
Nov 9, 2015 9:00 am by Yana
Hi, When you edit the text GTranslate keeps the translated version of string in the cache. Once you go to the translated page, it loads edited translation of appropriate string. As you have modified the original text and they are now different strings, it doesn't load edited text.
Nov 9, 2015 9:03 am by [email protected]
Ok thanks. i didn't know that, so now I will be careful what to edit in the original language.
Nov 9, 2015 11:33 am by Yana
You are welcome!