Forum Archive - moving from joomla to wp

moving from joomla to wp
Jan 16, 2012 1:23 am by jrtaylor
I have a joomla site with hundreds of translated pages. I'm changing to a pure wordpress site, but I don't want to have to pay Google to retranslate my content. Assuming I'm able to export the translated pages to .txt or other files, can I use them in the wordpress site, with the appropriate URL, in a way that Gtranslate recognizes as already-translated text? Thanks
Re: moving from joomla to wp
Jan 16, 2012 1:56 pm by Edvard
Hi, Yes, it is possible. You will need just to move the gtranslate/cache folder with all it's contents. BTW. There is no need to pay Google, you can use the translator without API key.
Jan 16, 2012 8:51 pm by jrtaylor
Edvard, thanks. I thought Google stopped offering the free service late last year. Can you clarify? PS I sent a private email to you asking to xfer the license from old doman name to new name (via 301 redirect). Thanks Walter
Jan 22, 2012 4:06 pm by Edvard
Google stopped offering the Translator API for free, but the translate.google.com service is still free, so GTranslate uses it instead of the API, but there is option to use API if you wish. Please use contact form on our home page to send the domain change request.