Forum Archive - Page translates to /fr, /es, /ar, ... altough not selected

Page translates to /fr, /es, /ar, ... altough not selected
Nov 6, 2014 5:48 pm by dany
Hi, I do have the following issue, would be great to have some help on that: We use the pro version. I want our website http://www.maurer-it.com to be translated into English and German, so I selected English and German to be shown as flags. This works fine. But if I add another language to the website-url (SEF Urls ??) - for example http://www.maurer-it.com/fr - the page is also being translated into french (but with automatic translation as I didn't correct it). And I do want to stop this. I don't want users to be able to add their language to our website link, because then they have to read a badly translated website. How can I stop GTranslate to show the site in several languages? Thanks for your help! Regards, Daniela
Re: Page translates to /fr, /es, /ar, ... altough not select
Nov 7, 2014 7:53 am by Yana
Hi, You need to write a rule to redirect unwanted languages to the homepage. Here is an example : RewriteRule ^(fr|es|ar)/(.*)$ /$1 [R=301,L] You should add this rule in your .htaccess file after "RewriteEngine On" line.
Mar 13, 2015 4:32 pm by dany
Hi Yana, I tried to add the rewrite rule to the .htaccess file but it doesn't work. What am I missing? We use Joomla! 3.3.6. Is there anything else I should consider? Thanks, Daniela
Mar 14, 2015 8:08 pm by Yana
Dear Daniela, If you send me ftp access info I can add the redirection rule.
Mar 16, 2015 9:55 am by dany
Sorry Yana, I can't give you ftp access, cause I'm not allowed to give root access to externals. Is there any other possible solution to find out the correct redirect rule / location? Regards, Daniela
Mar 16, 2015 1:59 pm by Yana
Dear Daniela, You need to put it in .htaccess file after the following line RewriteEngine On