Forum Archive - Google says "Your site has no hreflang tags"

Google says "Your site has no hreflang tags"
Mar 27, 2015 10:30 pm by furnivat
I use the Pro versio of GTranslate on my Joomla site, with the GTranslate plugin. In Google Webmaster Tools under Search Targeting > International Targeting > Language it says Your site has no hreflang tags. Google uses hreflang tags to match the user's language preference to the right variation of your pages. So basically Google does not realize that my site is available in different languages, thanks to GTranslate. How can I fix this, please?
Re: Google says "Your site has no hreflang tags"
Mar 29, 2015 3:41 am by Edvard
If you want you can add hreflang links into your template. https://support.google.com/webmasters/a ... 9077?hl=en I wouldn't suggest playing with it if you are not sure what are you doing. Thanks!
Apr 1, 2015 3:13 pm by furnivat
OK I suppose I can just add a long list of hreflang links to the header section of my template. Thanks for the advice. I think this applies to every single GTranslate customer though. From what I understand of the Google guidelines if your customers don't do this then Google won't realise they have multi-lingual content on their sites and so the whole point of using GTranslate dissapears.
Apr 2, 2015 3:43 am by Edvard
You understand it wrong.
Jun 22, 2015 9:52 am by advent_geek
You understand it wrong. My website only foucs on English. Do i need to add ahreflang for my website. I think, its enough to set geo-target on WMT. Kind Regards
Jun 23, 2015 1:02 pm by Yana
Hi, There is no need to add hreflang .