Forum Archive - Problem with AdSense ads not translating in PRO version.

Problem with AdSense ads not translating in PRO version.
Nov 16, 2011 3:36 am by nemmar
Edvard, I have the PRO version of GTranslate which you setup on my site over a month ago. The pages are now translating properly into foreign languages from English (or at least the 10 pages I checked). But my AdSense ads still display only English language ads. What can I do to correct this? I read some posts on this forum where you mentioned that your GTranslate enables foreign language ads to display on the translated pages. I know you can't control the AdSense ads but the ad bots must be picking up something in my translated pages to make it think it should display ads in English instead of the foreign languages. Do you have any advice for me? Thanks!!
Re: Problem with AdSense ads not translating in PRO version.
Nov 16, 2011 1:07 pm by Edvard
It can be your geography. I'm in Armenia, I have selected Russian language and was able to see Russian ads.
Nov 16, 2011 7:52 pm by nemmar
Edvard, Okay. I guess AdSense must use the IP address of the user instead of the language of the site page to choose which language ads to display. That would explain why I only see English ads on my site translated pages in foreign languages. Maybe I can find some information on the AdSense site to confirm it. Thanks!
Nov 16, 2011 8:02 pm by Edvard
No, it is not only the IP, but also in which languages the user makes search in Google. Google knows what interests you and which languages you possibly understand then it suits that information with the current page content. So if it knows that you understand Russian it is much likely that it will show you Russian ads if you are on a Russian language website.