Problem with AdSense ads not translating in PRO version.

Popular automatic website translation tool

Problem with AdSense ads not translating in PRO version.

Postby nemmar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:36 am

Edvard,

I have the PRO version of GTranslate which you setup on my site over a month ago. The pages are now translating properly into foreign languages from English (or at least the 10 pages I checked).

But my AdSense ads still display only English language ads. What can I do to correct this? I read some posts on this forum where you mentioned that your GTranslate enables foreign language ads to display on the translated pages. I know you can't control the AdSense ads but the ad bots must be picking up something in my translated pages to make it think it should display ads in English instead of the foreign languages.

Do you have any advice for me?
Thanks!!
nemmar

Re: Problem with AdSense ads not translating in PRO version.

Postby Edvard » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:07 pm

It can be your geography. I'm in Armenia, I have selected Russian language and was able to see Russian ads.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby nemmar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Edvard,

Okay. I guess AdSense must use the IP address of the user instead of the language of the site page to choose which language ads to display. That would explain why I only see English ads on my site translated pages in foreign languages. Maybe I can find some information on the AdSense site to confirm it.

Thanks!
nemmar

Postby Edvard » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:02 am

No, it is not only the IP, but also in which languages the user makes search in Google. Google knows what interests you and which languages you possibly understand then it suits that information with the current page content. So if it knows that you understand Russian it is much likely that it will show you Russian ads if you are on a Russian language website.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin