Text paragraph in pieces ?!

Popular automatic website translation tool

Text paragraph in pieces ?!

Postby jasperli » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:43 am

Hi,

When using the Gengo system i get "angry" translaters asking why the text is not delivered in 1 piece.
After playing around I can see that the enterprise system is searching for paragraphs <p> and <ul> / <li> to determine if there is any text.

For me as a webmaster wanting to translate the text i have to click on every little string to get it translated. In the Gengo system i cannot easily find back any strings belonging to a particular listing.
For the translators at Gengo they get all small strings not having an overview of the total of the text.

Is there someting Gtranslate can change so that the whole text is translatable in 1 click/order ?

Jasper
jasperli

Re: Text paragraph in pieces ?!

Postby Yana » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:33 am

Dear Jasper,

No, you should edit paragraph by paragraph. Thank you for your suggestion, we will consider adding such option in the future.
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby jasperli » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi,

Maybe it's something that per website an (experienced) webmaster can tell the system between which div classes/id's the maintext is.

For Joomla main content it's allways mostly the same. In my case i use Jreviews which has allways <div class ="jrListingFulltext"> as start from the main text area. Maybe in the future the scraper can be adjusted per clients wish.

Jasper
jasperli

Postby Yana » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Dear Jasper,

Thank you for your suggestion . I'll send this to our development team for review.
Regards,

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby DF30000 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Yana wrote:Dear Jasper,

No, you should edit paragraph by paragraph. Thank you for your suggestion, we will consider adding such option in the future.

It's very inconvenient to edit para by para, sometimes certain major sections need to be corrected and if I receive whole pages of text sent to with corrected translations, it's much easier to highlight the whole page of text and replace, why isn't this possible?
DF30000

Postby Yana » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will try to implement this feature in next versions.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana