Forum Archive - Translation of prices

Translation of prices
May 25, 2018 7:08 pm by joerg7x
Hi, the translation of a website with multiple prices on it it is giving me a hard time. We have a english website with ca. 10 books on it. For each book it states the price in British Pounds below the book. Some prices are the same, some vary. When the user switches the language to german, we must show the price in Euro. Hereby I must be able to change the price for each book freely. So, two books are 9 Pounds each in the english site (same price). Now when the user switches to german: One book should show 13 EUR the other book 14 EUR. I could not get this done. Whenever I change sth. with the translation-frontend, where it shows the variable XNUMX for all prices, I get the weirdest effects on the german translation. I assumed that I could just add " Preis: 13 EUR" behind the translation, not touching the variable XNUM at all, simple leaving it like it is, but is messed up the german translation and all prices where wrong then.... How can I accomplish this? Thank you very much! Jörg
Re: Translation of prices
May 29, 2018 6:32 am by Edvard
Hi, GTranslate is intended for translating, not currency convertion. You will need to code the prices on your side depending on selected language. Feel free to contact our Live chat for more info and help. Thanks!