Translations in Forms

Popular automatic website translation tool

Translations in Forms

Postby kefford » Wed May 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi,

This is a general question. I am testing with gTranslate and quite like it. I am still debating in my own mind the benefits of purchasing Pro vs Enterprise, but that is not the question I have right now.

On my website most of the content is pulled from an external database with forms created from RSForms Pro. I can only disable completely the translation for what is in the form, or allow it to be completely translated. Ideally, it would be preferred to translate labels, tips and captions, but not the actual field values. Most often the field values are proper names which should not be translated, but gTranslate tries to translate anyway. Do you know of any way to better control what it translates? It seems that as it is right now it is all or nothing.

I am open to any suggestions.

Ken
kefford

Re: Translations in Forms

Postby Edvard » Wed May 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi,

You may try to add class="notranslate" to the input fields.

With Pro or Enterprise versions the input fields will not be translated by default.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby kefford » Wed May 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Oh, so only the FREE version translates the input fields by default, the PRO and ENTERPRISE do not? If so, that then this is a non-issue, I just need to decide between PRO and ENTERPRISE.
kefford

Postby Edvard » Wed May 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Yes. Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin