Forum Archive - Exclude articles from being translated for certain languages

Exclude articles from being translated for certain languages
Sep 27, 2013 8:55 pm by lizardman
Hi, I understand that if you don't want something to be translated, you have to surround it with the "notranslate" tag. However, I would like all the menu items and articles to show in the site default language - and to show in the other languages only when I want them to (i.e. when there is an existing human translation for them). So, if my default language is English and I have an existing human translation of an English article into German, but not into Portuguese, and if I wrap this article's content with "notranslate", will this prevent the German human translation from showing? Hope my question is clear. Thanks, Borislav
Re: Exclude articles from being translated for certain langu
Sep 29, 2013 10:21 am by Yana
Hi, If you add notranslate attribute , GTranslate will not translate the text . If you want you can edit the translations and put your human translated text . It will save the text and next time will be loaded from cache .
Oct 1, 2013 11:42 pm by lizardman
Hi, Thanks for answering. Sorry if I did not completely understood your answer - but perhaps you gave me two bits of information that I already knew: that the "notranslate" attribute will make GTranslate to not translate the text and that the translations can be edited manually. What I was really asking is if the "notranslate" attribute will prevent the manually added translations from showing. I know it will prevent the automatic translations, but will it prevent from showing the human translations that I add? Thanks again, Borislav
Oct 2, 2013 11:51 am by Yana
Hi, You cannot use notranslate attribute only for some languages (for example translate into French and not translate into German) .It will prevent translation for all languages and you will see original text in all languages. If you have human translations of some articles it would be better to edit automatic translations.