Forum Archive - How to Prevent Translating by Module

How to Prevent Translating by Module
May 6, 2014 9:24 pm by kefford
Hi, I am testing with gTranslate FREE before buying the PRO version. I am using a lot of data tables in my website that are using a module to pull data from an external database and display. I want to prevent gTranslate from translating anything from this module. As I test i am finding it is attempting to translate things that it should not be, like company names, regulatory standards, etc. I see that you can prevent text from being translating by wrapping it, but this will be very time consuming to implement for the complex queries used to pull the information. Any suggestions based on how others have used gTranslate? Can gTranslate support what I am asking? Thanks. Ken
Re: How to Prevent Translating by Module
May 6, 2014 11:19 pm by kefford
Thanks, but i answered myself. If you load the module inside an article with just as an example {load module} you can prevent all translations of the results of the module by using Sourcerer (by NoNumber) and wrapping the module call as follows, {source}<span class="notranslate">{load module}</span>{/source}
Re: How to Prevent Translating by Module
May 7, 2014 8:09 am by Edvard
Hi, Whatever you do not want to be translated you need to wrap it with a tag with class="notranslate" attribute or add notranslate attribute if there is already a wrapper tag. Thanks!