Not translating all

Popular automatic website translation tool

Not translating all

Postby eera5607 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:17 am

Hi!

I'm using GTranslate Pro

I did the installation process and it seems to work fine but only in some languages. For example, in some languages only translate the title of the article or a few parts of the website, in other languages does not translate at all. In the most common languages (French, German etc...) the extension works fine. The problem is that this is generating a lot of duplicate URL's of spanish articles. (website: robustiana.com)

What can I do?

Thank you.
eera5607

Re: Not translating all

Postby Yana » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Hi,

I can see you are using GTranslate Pro general version. There are some limitations on the number of characters you can translate per day. You can add ?force_translation=1 to the end of the URL to force the translation. Also you can try to install joomla plugin version instead of the general version. Here are the instruction:
https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby eera5607 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Ok, but I'm using Joomla! 2.5 and the Joomla plugin is for Joomla 1.7 or below. Am I right?
This limitation in the number of characters that can be translated per day means that it would take some time to the extension to make the full translation and once all pages are saved in cache there will be no problem?
Where can I add ?force_translation=1 to make it permanent?
Thank you.
eera5607

Postby eera5607 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:22 am

Sorry, my mistake. I don't read: For Joomla 1.6.x , 1.7.x and higher versions install Joomla plugin using plg_gtranslate-1.7.zip.

I installed the plugin and it seems to work fine.

Thank you.
eera5607

Postby Yana » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:09 am

You're welcome!
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Yana