Forum Archive - Right to Left Languages?

Right to Left Languages?
Jul 6, 2016 3:22 pm by CreativeDC
Hello, there is some slight problems when GTranslate works with Arabic. Specifically the right to left display. Do you have any recommendations for fixing this? Or how this may be fixed? Does the paid version allow for editing of the language? If so how does that work with Right to Left Languages? BTW, I'm using the Wordpress version of GTranslate.
Re: Right to Left Languages?
Jul 7, 2016 8:09 am by Yana
Hi, Your template should be optimized for RTL languages. With payed versions you will be able to manually edit the translations. It works properly with RTL languages.
Jul 7, 2016 2:26 pm by CreativeDC
Hi Yana, thanks for your reply. I guess my next question is if my website is a primary English Language does Gtranslate know when to switch to another style sheet for RTL languages? Or is there something else that I need to prepare in the actual theme?
Jul 7, 2016 2:45 pm by Edvard
Hi, Usually there is no need to do anything special. However if your template requires customization based on selected language, then you can detect the current language code from X-GT-Lang header and do your customization based on that. It will require some programming skills: This is from our documentation: "Detecting selected language If you want to code something special for individual language you can detect the current selected language and write your code based on that. You can find the current selected language code from X-GT-Lang request header. If your site is written in PHP you can find it in _SERVER['HTTP_X_GT_LANG'] variable." https://gtranslate.io/docs/58-gtranslat ... umentation Thanks!