Forum Archive - Too many files in Cache

Too many files in Cache
Mar 28, 2012 12:26 am by mfbaig
Hi I am using gTranslate Pro on one of my client websites and Yesterday I bought the 3rd Licence from you but last night this strange thing appeared in front of me. My client is hosting two website using an unlimited hosting space but there is a restriction of 300k files on the server and now he is reaching his quota for maximum number of files on the server. When I inquired about the number of files got a response that gtranslate/cache is taking too many files. You can see their response below: =========================================================================================== From Technical Support To You Posted on: 2012-03-27 09:28:51 Hello, The folder containing most of the files in your account with us is: /www/businessbrokersvictoria.com.au/gtranslate/cache - 250964 files with size 995MB. Best Regards, =========================================================================================== Is there any way that we can reduce or restrict gTranslate to create any further translated files and use the same old one which already exist on the server or if you can guide me how I can restrict gTranslate to further create any additional cache files in future. Any help in this regard will he highly appreciated. Thanks & Best Regards,
Re: Too many files in Cache
Mar 28, 2012 5:35 am by mfbaig
I was just checking the gTranslate pluging and noticed an option of Cache Time which is set to 365 days, if I reduce it to 1 day what impact it will have on the site and the translated pages?? As from the morning I have been removing the files and after few hours when visitors see the site in their own language the files are back. I am trying to reduce the number of languages but I am not sure for how long the cache number of files will remain in control and again I have to spend one whole day in order to remove the cache files from the server. Any help in reducing the cache time to 1 day will be highly appreciated.
Re: Too many files in Cache
Mar 28, 2012 6:55 am by Yana
Hi, You can keep all the .human files and clean the rest or part of the cache. To reduce the number of files in the cache folder you can disable the languages you don't want from the language selector and remove from your sitemap.txt. If you have dynamic texts (dynamic date-times, counters etc.) in your pages try to wrap them with class="notranslate". Also, you can move to our new Enterprise service, which is a translation delivery network and it will keep the cache in our cloud TDN. You can find more info at https://gtranslate.io/faq